Friday, September 19, 2008

Twin Cities Marathon Coming Fast

Sure didn't feel like a 3:30 marathon day...the legs felt sluggish, but I have to switch my running routine back to the mornings to prepare for TCM.  During my Ironman training, I was running in the afternoons  and I wanted to get use to running during the hottest part of the day to ensure that I was fully equipped (trained) to beat the heat during the run.  Fortunately it was a nice day.

If you haven't had a chance to read the latest Runner's World, just take a few minutes to read the article on "Think Fast".  It talks about mental part of training and I quote, "Yes, you  need to train your legs, but it's really your brain that dictates you pace".  Another great book to read is "Mental Training" by Jim Taylor & Terri Schneider.  They will show you how to set effective goals and actively develop your mental skills to increase your race performance.

PS:  To my fellow Thursday night spinners...I really did miss the spinning workout...at least I would have had an excuse for this morning's run.  

No comments: